May 17, 2016
With maple syrup and berries in plentiful supply, it's the perfect time to try this fun, fresh recipe
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices crusty bread
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Maple syrup
- 6 wooden skewers
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Kids, Summer (http://www.marthastewart.com/343289/french-toast-kebabs)
- Use non-stick spray to grease a large frying pan.
- In a shallow dish, combine eggs, milk and cinnamon. Whisk with a fork.
- Place bread in the dish with egg mixture, flipping to soak both sides.
- Fry each slice of bread on frying pan until golden brown. Cut each slice into cubes.
- Use skewers to add French toast cubes, strawberries, raspberries and bananas.
- Dip in maple syrup and enjoy!