November 13, 2017
The temperature is dropping, so it's a great time to stay inside and bake. Try making these healthy apple muffins.
- 2 cups flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup, pure
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 teaspooons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated apple
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and slowly fold together. Before it's all combined, add grated apples and walnuts (or you can use pecans). Stir just until combined.
- Fill muffin tins all the way to the top.
- Bake at 425 for five minutes and then decrease the temperature to 350 and bake for 12 to 18 minutes. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve. Enjoy!