Attending the SchoolRMHC Toronto School:
- is open to patients and siblings of patients staying at the House
- teaches students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12
- is located on the main floor of the House
- is flexible and used to working with complicated treatment and appointment schedules
- is a welcoming and supportive learning environment
- is supported by donations to RMHC Toronto, so there is no cost to attend
- All lessons are based on the Ontario Curriculum.
- Students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 receive instruction in all subjects
- Students in Grades 9 to 12 receive tutoring on secondary school coursework assigned through their hometown schools, e-learning platforms or the Independent Learning Centre of Ontario.
- Enhanced programming, led by volunteers, including yoga, cooking classes and dance workshops are frequently interwoven into the regular school day.
- All students can participate in special monthly activities, including field trips and school fairs.
How to enrol:
- Classes at RMHC Toronto School operate from Monday to Friday, September to June:
- Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Grades 9 to 12: 1 to 3 p.m.
- RMHC Toronto School has rolling enrolment, meaning students can start at any time during the school year.
- School information sessions are held every Thursday at 3:15 p.m. in the School for families new to RMHC Toronto School. It is mandatory for families to attend a registration session before students can attend. Newly registered students start on Mondays.
- If you are a returning family, or a new family who is unable to attend a Thursday registration session, please call 416-977-0458 ext. 256 to schedule an alternative appointment time to arrange for school registration.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.