September 27, 2018
A fun-filled fall activity for the whole family.
Kids love to play with their food, and this craft lets them do it guilt-free! In this craft, apples become stamps to create a fall masterpiece.
You will need:
- Popsicle sticks
- Paper towels
- Plate or shallow dish
- Heavy paper and/or canvas
- Craft paint
- Cut an apple in half top-down for a “traditional” apple print; cut horizontally through the middle for a “star” print; or cut an apple into quarters for unique patterns.
- Make a small but deep slice on the uncut side of the apple, then insert a popsicle stick into it to make it easier to hold onto the apple.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of paint into your plate or dish, depending on how many colours you want to use. Try using red, yellow and orange paint to give the craft a “fall” feeling.
- Dip the cut side of the apple into the paint. Dab it around on the paper towel to wipe off excess paint, then press it onto the paper and/or canvas. Dip the apple stamp each time you make a new impression.
- Let the design dry, and then it is ready to display!
Source: I can teach my child