July 25, 2018
Make these fun crafts at home.
A lot of kids love imitating superheroes and this craft from RMHC Toronto Camp can instantly make your child feel like they are saving the day.
You will need:
- Construction paper and/or regular white paper
- Glue and/or tape
- Crayons and/or markers
- Cut a white piece of paper or coloured construction paper into two strips (one for each wrist or arm).
- Help your child brainstorm their favourite superhero logos or help them make up their own logo.
- Draw the logo on the strips of paper in pencil.
- Go over the logo with coloured crayon or markers.
- Decorate the cuffs with stickers or any other drawings and designs you’d like.
- Wrap the strip around each wrist or arm and tape the cuffs in place (may need to cut the strip to a smaller size to fit wrist or arm).
At RMHC Toronto Camp, the campers reflected upon some real-life superheroes in their lives like police officers, firefighters, or their parents. This could be a great opportunity to discuss real life superheroes in your child’s life too!