February 20, 2019
Try Spencer’s chicken and couscous recipe
Chef Spencer Newlands created a custom chicken and couscous recipe that both children and adults will love. Try making this for your next family meal.
Chicken and Couscous
Serves 4 people
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- Olive oil
- 1 cup water (can use chicken or vegetable stock)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 fresh chicken breasts (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. yogurt
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For couscous: In saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add couscous and cook until fragrant, then add water (or stock) and cook over medium heat until all liquid has reduced and couscous is coated (do not use a lid).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season both sides of fresh chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken on oven-safe tray and bake for 12 minutes. Wait 4 minutes after coming out of oven before slicing.
- For vegetables: Slice red peppers, onion and carrots into small squares and cook in one tbsp. of butter until softened but still have some bite. Season with salt.
- To serve, toss cherry tomatoes, yogurt, vegetables, pine nuts, torn mint and couscous with a one tbsp. olive oil. Place sliced chicken breast on top.