March 01, 2020
We’re celebrating Child Life Month with the families at RMHC Toronto.
March is Child Life Month in Canada, a month where the Child Life profession is celebrated through education and raising awareness. At Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto, we are celebrating our Child Life program through special programming for families throughout the entire month.
Our Child Life program helps infants, children, youth and families cope with the stress and uncertainty of illness and treatment with developmentally appropriate interventions including play and education.
We have a variety of fun programming planned this month including:
- Teddy Bear Clinic: Children take a teddy bear through stations representing different hospital experiences. If their teddy bear can do it, they can do it too!
- Journey Beads: Every family member collects a variety of beads to create a necklace representing their personal experiences and milestones at RMHC Toronto.
- Scrapbooking: Weekly session to be creative and collect memories for the whole family.
- Child Life Party: Families will be able to celebrate everything Child Life with fun and games!
- And many more fun Child Life activities!
The wide variety of support for the whole family makes Child Life one of our most impactful programs.
“RMHC Toronto is my son’s safe place. It was cool for him to participate in medical play here. It makes his experience more normal,” says one parent staying at the House.
Learn more about the programs and services
available for families at RMHC Toronto.